Tuesday, March 31, 2015

The Jake's Preseason: Spring 2015

In a season with more than thirty series that I am going to watch, I decided to list a top ten rather than a top five. Goodbye free time, amirite?



#10- Ore Monogatari/ My Love Story
          Madhouse Studios

          That's right, a shoujo series made my preseason top 10. As for why, just read the description. Truth be told, it hits close to home. 







#9- Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka?/ Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?
          J.C. Staff

          Just for the title. Just kidding, this one looks like it will be amusing and I think that the voice talent that they got for this one is incredible. Also, no, it's not wrong.





#8- Grisaia no Rakuen/ Le Eden de la Grisaia
      Grisaia no Meikyuu/ Le Labyrinth de la Grisaia
          8-bit

          Both the sequel and the prequel of Grisaia no Kajitsu (Le Fruit de la Grisaia), one of my surprise favorites from last fall. Meikyuu will be released as an OVA movie and Rakuen will be released as a 12 episode series.





#7- Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works
          Ufotable

          Second half of the Unlimited Blade Works anime. Given that Ufotable animated the first half perfectly, it's easy to see why this is on my list. 





#6- Nisekoi:
          Shaft

          Second season of one of my favorite series from last year. A series that I know I'm going to enjoy falling to #6 shows just how good the anime this season look.





#5- Shokugeki no Souma/ Food Wars: Shokugeki no Souma
          J.C. Staff

          A Shounen Jump series that is not about a blond superhuman fighting. Given how good fellow Jump series like Assassination Classroom and Nisekoi were, I am looking forward to this. Also, it looks amusing.





#4- Highschool DxD: BorN
          TNK

          As a fan of the novels, I love to see this series get a third season. Look to see this season get into the bulk of what is actually a pretty good story, and explore the mythology of the series' universe.





#3- Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku/ My Teenage Romantic Comedy SNAFU. Two
          Feel

          The second coming of our prophet Hachiman and his words of wisdom. How could I NOT be excited?





#2- Digimon Adventure Tri
          Toei Animation

          This one is a fairly simple choice, purely on nostalgia factor. Digimon Adventure was one of the first anime I ever watched and will always hold a special place in my heart (no matter how cheesy the english dub was.) When I had heard that they were making this for the 15 year anniversary, I literally called everyone that I knew who had watched Digimon when we were kids.





#1- Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu/ The Vanishment of Yuki Nagato-chan
          Satelight
          
          As a fan of the original series, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya), I am VERY much looking forward to this series. I have read the manga and, from what I have seen with the PV's, Satelight is very faithful with the character designs from the manga. I have seen many fans of the original that hate the character designs, but Satelight is not Kyoani, and Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu is not Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu.



No comments:

Post a Comment